Print Go Back
Your idea must meet the following criteria in order for Char-Broil to complete its review:
*Be covered by an issued United States patent or a published United States patent application.
*Be in areas that Char-Broil has expressed an interest. Char-Broil is currently interested in inventions in the general field of “outdoor cooking” including:
- Appliances and systems (Grills, Smokers, Roasters, etc.);
-Accessory items and devices (Rotisseries, Sideburners, Warmers , etc.);
-Service, maintenance and repair items;
-Tools and utensils;
-Covers and protective materials and systems; and
-Energy efficiency, sustainability, and environmental impact.
Char-Broil and its employees and contractors do not accept, review or consider any unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new and improved products, materials, proposals, suggestions, artwork, and content or the like for advertising campaigns, promotions, marketing strategies, product names, or creative materials (all of the foregoing “submissions”), unless submitted using this form and expressly subject to the following terms and conditions.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a reasonable degree of protection to you and Char-Broil and to avoid potential misunderstandings when Char-Broil’s products and offerings might seem similar to submissions made by you.
If you make a submission, it must be made using this form and its terms and conditions. Please do not send or provide any submissions in any other fashion to Char-Broil or any of its employees or contractors. If, despite our request that you not send us your submissions outside this form, you still submit them, then regardless of what your correspondence says, the following terms and conditions will apply to your submissions.
You hereby agree, regardless of any contrary statements in your submissions, that:
(1) you are the owner of all intellectual property rights within your submissions (e.g., for any and all inventions and disclosed creative and marketing collateral) and you have the right to make the submissions and disclosures;
(2) your submissions and all disclosures are being made on a NON CONFIDENTIAL basis, and that no confidentiality obligations or legal relationships whatsoever are created by your submissions; further, your patent rights are the only rights you can rely upon to protect your idea and you understand that you may risk impairing or losing the ability to protect your inventions under applicable law if you have not adequately protected them at or before the time of your submissions;
(3) Char-Broil has no obligation to review, consider, respond, return or take any further action on your submissions and may redistribute the submissions or their content for any purpose and in any way on an unrestricted basis;
(4) this form and the technology to provide submissions to Char-Broil are provided by a third-party, independent from Char-Broil. Char-Broil has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of the third-party, its website, or technology. You accept this form and Char-Broil's submission process AS-IS in consideration for submitting an idea to Char-Broil and expressly relieve and hold Char-Broil harmless from any and all liability arising from your use of this form and submission process or any disclosure made hereunder; and
(5) you consent for the use of any information, including personal information, you provide to manage and process your submissions, including to facilitate the above purposes.
You acknowledge and agree that by making a submission you may be contacted by the operator of this website, which is not affiliated with Char-Broil. Any dealings with the operator, including any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and the operator.